THE LIGHTEST DROP SPINDLE THAT I MAKE...
Turquoise, Silver Plated Filigree Pendant, and Acrylic Whorl Drop Spindle No.224
Price includes free-shipping (US only)
- CHOOSE FROM 10 SHAFT COLORS - Shown in Metallic Teal
- This can be made as a TOP WHORL or BOTTOM WHORL Drop Spindle - leave me a note at check-out
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: Weight: 0.7oz (23g), Whorl: Acrylic/Alloy .3” x 1.85” (8mm x 47mm), SHAFT: the Smaller of the two that I make at .106" (2.7mm) diameter
This design incorporates a lovely 1" (26mm) turquoise (howlite) donut/disc, a silver plated floral filigree pendant, and a 1/16" (1.7mm) acrylic disc for a whorl. The pendant is has the center removed (on my lathe) to increase rim weight, and it laminated to the slightly smaller acrylic disc - leaving a scalloped rim edge for the fiber to hold onto. It is all mounted to the steel shaft and finished off with a large silver plated multi-crystal pendant on the bottom side and several silver plated and silver-tone caps and jewelry findings around the signature John Galen high-carbon steel shaft with a heat forged hook - which has an industrial quality 2-part (color/gloss) powder coat paint applied. All components are assembled with an industrial quality 2-part epoxy resin for long life
This is an amazing and versatile light weight drop spindle that has a fast spin and good rim weight to handle a wide range of fine fibers.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 to 2 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE: I ship to 38 countries and rates are available on this page (top right).
- Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.
2-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Yes. I gladly accept custom orders, although they are limited when it comes to altering dimensions. TAHKLI/SUPPORT SPINDLES: customers can choose (in most cases) from the shaft colors, beads, and whorl color/wood species of items already listed.
Yes. I do offer wholesale sales to qualifying re-sellers. Contact me and we can discuss terms
I gladly accept orders by mail and do accept checks. When ordering, please phone or email John Galen to check availability and to reserve the item(s) you wish to order. When I receive the order/check in the mail, I will send out the package within 24 hours.
CONTACT: John Galen at 520-490-4962
Nov 18, 2022
Jul 26, 2022
It is such a pretty pretty spindle! Lightweight spins like a dream!