NOW - The lightest drop spindle I make...
Mini/Not-so-Basic Drop Spindle No.226 - Floral Filigree Whorl with Gold or Silver Plated Accents Price includes free-shipping (US only)
* 1 Spindle with Silver or Gold Plated Accents for $35.90, or
* 2 Spindle Set in Silver, Gold, or one of each color (Choose "2 Spindle Set S&G") - discounted 20% to $28.95 ea. ($57.90/set)
* Prices Include FREE SHIPPING
- This can be made as a TOP WHORL or BOTTOM WHORL Drop Spindle - leave me a note at check-out
Weight: 0.7oz (21g), Whorl: 2-Piece Alloy Filigree 1.46” (37mm), SHAFT: Small .094" (2.4mm) diameter x 8" (20.3cm) long
This is my version of a basic Drop Spindle - but with a bit of added flair. The whorl is made from two silver plated metal/alloy floral filigree pendants that have been specially prepared to be used as a whorl, which is adorned (top and bottom sides) with two silver or gold plated alloy bead caps and color matched findings. The shaft is hand-made from a RAW/UN-COATED high-carbon spring steel with a heat forged hook . All parts are mounted with industrial 2-part epoxy and all edges/joints have been meticulously epoxy glued to assure your fiber will not get caught in the jewelry pieces. It is my lightest weight drop spindle and has a very well balanced and fast spin, which is perfect for spinning short and fine long staple fiber..
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE: I ship to 38 countries and rates are available on this page (top right).
- Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.
2-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Yes. I gladly accept custom orders, although they are limited when it comes to altering dimensions. TAHKLI/SUPPORT SPINDLES: customers can choose (in most cases) from the shaft colors, beads, and whorl color/wood species of items already listed.
Yes. I do offer wholesale sales to qualifying re-sellers. Contact me and we can discuss terms
I gladly accept orders by mail and do accept checks. When ordering, please phone or email John Galen to check availability and to reserve the item(s) you wish to order. When I receive the order/check in the mail, I will send out the package within 24 hours.
CONTACT: John Galen at 520-490-4962
Jun 6, 2023
Jun 3, 2023
May 25, 2023
These are gorgeous, solidly built and spin crazy fast.
Jan 20, 2023
Beautifully crafted spindles! Out of the box, I could spin fine lace weight yarn. These will be such a joy to use! I catch myself stopping to admire them. Thank you!!