Vintage Timepiece Drop Spindle No.240: Steampunk Style - Heavy Weight for Plying, Thick & Art Yarn - Larger Diameter Shaft - FREE SHIPPING (US Only)
Circa 1950, Made in Germany, Schmid "Contessa" Porcelain Enamel Anniversary Clock Dial with XL Antique Grandfather Clock Gear/Wheel and Acrylic Disc Whorl... and lots of crystals
Weight: 3.1 ounce (88 grams), Whorl: 2.81” (72mm), Shaft: Larger Size .125” (3.2mm) dia. in Raw/Uncoated Spring Steel 11” (28cm)
- Every part of this spindle has been machined to fit the shaft and, as a result, it has an absolutely perfect spin and plenty of rim weight to keep it going. It will be wonderful for spinning heavier/long staple fiber and for creating art yarn, as well as for plying.
- Made from a total of 78 individual pieces, the centerpiece of this Vintage Timepiece Drop Spindle is 70 year old German made porcelain enamel with multi-color floral design and gold accents. The dial is off of a circa 1950 anniversary clock made by Schmid of Germany and I have left it uncoated and showing its age around the perimeter where the cast metal is peeking out. The dial is mounted to an acrylic disc, which has 36 Opal AB and Clear AB Preciosa Czech crystal rhinestones mounted around the perimeter of the dial, and the disc is mounted to an extra large antique (solid brass) grandfather clock wheel - and this makes up the whorl. The whorl is mounted to a raw/uncoated spring steel shaft with a heat forged hook and it is stabilized (bottom side) with a travel clock steel winding barrel with with a pressed in brass disc to allow for center drilling. There's an additional 24 crystals, a large silver plated 6-petal bead cap, a multi-crystal spacer, and several gold and silver plated findings that finish off the bottom and top sides.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail with Insurance and Tracking. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE: I ship to 38 countries and rates are available on this page (top right).
- Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.
2-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Yes. I gladly accept custom orders, although they are limited when it comes to altering dimensions. TAHKLI/SUPPORT SPINDLES: customers can choose (in most cases) from the shaft colors, beads, and whorl color/wood species of items already listed.
Yes. I do offer wholesale sales to qualifying re-sellers. Contact me and we can discuss terms
I gladly accept orders by mail and do accept checks. When ordering, please phone or email John Galen to check availability and to reserve the item(s) you wish to order. When I receive the order/check in the mail, I will send out the package within 24 hours.
CONTACT: John Galen at 520-490-4962