- ACRYLIC & ALLOY WHORL DROP SPINDLE No. 205 - 2" Whorl
Two Antique Silver Floral Pendants, Crystal Spacers Beads, 12 (Large #34s) Swarovski Iridescent Crystal Rhinestones, and Antique Silver Plated Findings
- Choose Available SHAFT and CRYSTAL RHINESTONE COLORS from drop down menu (Shown in Metallic Hot Magenta w/Clear AB Crystals)
- Choose TOP or BOTTOM WHORL: Please leave note at check-out... DEFAULT IS TOP WHORL
Weight: 1.0 ounce (28 grams)
Whorl: Acrylic 1/8” x 2” (2.4mm x 5.1cm)
Shaft: 3/32” dia. Metallic Hot Magenta
Overall Length: 8.75” (22.2cm)
- NEW STYLE DROP SPINDLE for spinning Cotton, silk, fine wool, and other fine staple fibers:
- THIS IS THE EASIEST SPINDLE TO SPIN FIBER ON THAT I HAVE EVER USED! The small diameter and light weight of this spindle makes it perfect for drawing out fiber in one hand while spinning the shaft with the other hand and getting some twist in the fiber prior to suspending the fiber and adding twist from the fast spin that you get from this spindle.
This design incorporates a 1/8" acrylic whorl that has a color tint in the center to reflect color out to the edge - making it appear to glow at certain angles - and I use two silver plated floral style pendants , 2 multi-crystal spacer beads, 12 large size 34s Swarovski Crystal Rhinestones, and numerous silver plated cap beads and findings. The WHORL is made from a laser cut acrylic disc that I've milled to soften the edges and heat polished. The shaft is made from high carbon (spring) steel with a forged hook that has a 2-part powder coat paint finish applied for a beautiful look and feel. All parts, including whorl, findings, cap bead, and findings are assembled with an industrial 2-part epoxy glue.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE: I ship to 38 countries and rates are available on this page (top right).
- Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.
2-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Yes. I gladly accept custom orders, although they are limited when it comes to altering dimensions. TAHKLI/SUPPORT SPINDLES: customers can choose (in most cases) from the shaft colors, beads, and whorl color/wood species of items already listed.
Yes. I do offer wholesale sales to qualifying re-sellers. Contact me and we can discuss terms
I gladly accept orders by mail and do accept checks. When ordering, please phone or email John Galen to check availability and to reserve the item(s) you wish to order. When I receive the order/check in the mail, I will send out the package within 24 hours.
CONTACT: John Galen at 520-490-4962
Feb 23, 2023
Beautiful drop spindle, exactly as shown! Been using it for a few days and the balance is amazing and the weight is great for getting a good spin going!
Mar 31, 2021
Jun 29, 2020
I haven't used it but I love it so much! It's exactly what I expected. And the packaging was perfectly secure.