TIBETAN STYLE SUPPORT SPINDLE No.642
- HEAVIER WEIGHT - Larger Diameter .134" dia. Shaft with US Eisenhower Silver Dollar Alloy Whorl, Two Filigree Pendants, Two Crystal Bead Spacers, and Silver Tone/Plated Bead Caps and Findings
- CHOOSE FROM AVAILABLE SHAFT COLORS from drop down menu
- CHOOSE: Available With Hook (as shown) or with NO-HOOK (option)... See drop down menu
Made from a high-carbon spring steel shaft and a 1970's US Half Dollar Copper Core Whorl and is embellished, top and bottom (matched), with silver tone/plated filigree pendants, bead caps, multi-crystal bead spacers, and findings. All components are assembled with industrial strength 2-part epoxy adhesive and the final product is mounted on my lathe and milled true - then sanded and polished to a mirror finish.
This is a heavier weight spindle that has an amazing balance and it is wonderful for spinning a wide variety of fibers.
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 1.8 oz. (53 grams), 1-1/2”dia x 8.5" (3.4cm x 21.6cm) x 1/8" dia. (3mm) shaft
NO-HOOK OPTION: Choose at drop down when ordering - removes 1/2" of total length
- SPECIAL REQUESTS WELCOME - leave note or send me a message.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories Only: In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Ships via USPS-FIRST CLASS MAIL. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
INTERNATIONAL & UPGRADED SHIPPING AVAILABLE: Customer pays 100% of shipping charges for these options.
All John Galen spindles are designed and hand-crafted by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) in Tucson, AZ. Made in USA from US and Global Materials
2-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Yes. I gladly accept custom orders, although they are limited when it comes to altering dimensions. TAHKLI/SUPPORT SPINDLES: customers can choose (in most cases) from the shaft colors, beads, and whorl color/wood species of items already listed.
Yes. I do offer wholesale sales to qualifying re-sellers. Contact me and we can discuss terms
I gladly accept orders by mail and do accept checks. When ordering, please phone or email John Galen to check availability and to reserve the item(s) you wish to order. When I receive the order/check in the mail, I will send out the package within 24 hours.
CONTACT: John Galen at 520-490-4962
Aug 25, 2023
Bon achat pour commencer à filer; je suis vite arrivée à lâcher le fuseau pour soigner mon ruban de mêche avec mes deux mains, sans soucis de tension sur le fil, puisque le fuseau est porté, s' est idéal pour commencer la technicité. Le poids aussi correspond au suivi d' ajustement du geste; c' est très flatteur plus qu' encourageant, je dirais même, ces fuseaux portés.
Nov 7, 2022
Wow. A real beauty and it spins forever. I’ll have to get more! Thank you!
Jan 25, 2021